We all have our birthday traditions, but this one takes the cake. Every year, Mary performs The Birthday Headstand, "Just to see if I can still do it," she says.
What form! What control! And that was AFTER dinner and cake. You go, birthday lady!
Uncle Matt proves it runs in the family.
And with a little training, it will continue in the next generation.
Ben expanded his board game knowledge with his Grampa Marc.
The kids once again enjoyed playing with the extensive reserve of 1980's toys, and I love the flashbacks.
Marbleworks always plays a starring role.
Then it was time for Games Starring Uncle Matt. First, "Matt the Muse."
Then, "Matt the Jungle Gym."
Later, "Matt the Human Sled Dog."
Not to mention the countless games of hide-and-seek they roped him into. What a good sport. I know my kids slept well after all that activity, and I bet Matt did too!
Sidney sneaked away to color a birthday picture for her Grammy.
Finally, time for gifts. Ben and I chose a little taste of See's candy.
And Sidney chose flip-flop slippers that double as washable dust mops. Her reasoning, "They're cute and pink and fuzzy. Grammy needs these!"
After a test run, they were declared a hit.
Happy birthday Mary! May all your wishes come true. We love you!



No comments:
Post a Comment